This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please read my disclosure for more details(Last Updated On: June 20, 2018)
In my previous post, I wrote about what it’s like to date a French man. A lot of readers were surprised to learn how different dating in North American culture is compared to in the French culture (I say French because dating in Europe is completely different in every country!). In this post, I will give you 5 reasons why you should consider dating a foreign guy!
1. Their accent
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I have a weakness for foreign accents. Australian accents, British accents, French accents, you name it! Anything said with a foreign accent just sounds 100 times hotter, sexier, and smarter!
My boyfriend has the most adorable French accent and I just can’t help but swoon every time he mispronounces a word or makes a grammatical error. My favourite is when we go snowboarding and he calls the mountain “steepy” instead of steep. He must be thinking about sleep a little too much, don’t you think? 😀
2. It’s always an adventure
Dating a foreign guy never gets boring. You’re always doing something unfamiliar or talking about something that you have never even considered before.
Your foreign boyfriend will show you the world through a new perspective which is very, very different from what we are used to. *cues Disney’s A Whole New World*
3. You’ll learn a new culture and maybe even a new language
I love dating foreign guys because I basically get a private language and culture tutor, free of charge! I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned about the French culture in the past 2 years. Also, I’ve really picked up on some really snazzy French slang after dating my boyfriend! Stuff you just can’t learn with a formal teacher!
4. You’ll never run out of things to talk about
You know how sometimes you date someone for a long time and then you morph into one person? And the conversations just become monotonous like, “Oh, did you water the lawn today?”
Well, that never happens with foreign guys. You never run out of things to talk about because you grew up under such different circumstances. You can literally make an interesting conversation out of anything, because anything that is “foreign” or “different” is exciting.
For example, I once talked to my boyfriend about American bread versus the famous baguette. We even made an full-blown debate out of it – he is still convinced that American bread isn’t real bread!
5. You have two places to call home
If you love to travel, then consider yourself lucky. You basically have two different countries to call home now. You can spend time showing him your home country, and he can do the same.
Also, travel just got a whole lot cheaper because you can stay with his family or friends when you visit his city!
Why is dating foreign guys all the rage? Well, it’s basically like living a life-long adventure. You never stop learning about the differences between you and your foreign boyfriend (but I guess this can be true about dating someone from your country too).
Anyway, consider myself a little bias but I love dating my French boyfriend and I don’t think dating would be half as fun if I were dating a French Canadian 😉 (sorry!)
- The Complete List of Essential Things You Must Do Before You Move Abroad
- 11 Reasons Why I Don’t Plan To Move Back To Canada
- What It’s Like To Be An Asian Living in Switzerland
- 10 Photos That Will Make You Want To Move To Switzerland Right Now!
- What It’s Like To Date A French Man
Recommendations for you
- Free Guide to Starting Your Own Blog! - This is a free guide I wrote to help you start your own blog!
- Free Resource Library! - I started this library for subscribers and I will be adding more to it every month. Free downloads for blogging, budgeting, moving abroad, etc.!
- Ebates - Get cash back for shopping online! Get $10 back when you spend your first $25!
- Airbnb - I love Airbnb and it's how I afford to travel so much without breaking the bank! Sign up for $40 off your first trip!