This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please read my disclosure for more details(Last Updated On: February 1, 2019)
In March 2018, I decided to start this blog. I had no idea what I was doing. This was my first blog post ever: 5 Reasons I Started Blogging (And Why You Should Too)!
Since then, I have written 92 posts and achieved over 92,000 page views on my blog! Quite impressive for someone who is just doing this as a side hustle!
In 2018, my top posts were the following:
- 10 Things I Stopped Buying To Save Money
- How I Save Thousands of Dollars Per Month By Living Frugally
- 62 Ways To Save More Money in 2019!
- My Third Month Blogging – May 2018 Income Report – $494.07
- How I Grew My Monthly Pinterest Traffic To 100,000 By Manually Pinning (No Tailwind)
- 11 Reasons Why I Don’t Plan To Move Back To Canada
- Blogging for Profit: How To Start A Profitable Blog in 2019
- How To Pick The Perfect Blog Name
- How I Saved Over $11,000 Living Abroad As A Student In Switzerland
- How To Find A Job While Living Abroad
In 2018, I also took a few blogging courses, the ones which I recommend are:
- Pinteresting Strategies – This ebook which has now become an e-course has helped me so much with learning Pinterest and getting traffic from Pinterest.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – This course helped me to understand affiliate marketing and to make money through promoting products and services that I love. I started making affiliate income just 2 months after starting my blog!!
- Elite Blog Academy – This course gave me a framework to build my blog from scratch!
Some amazing things that I accomplished through my blog were:
- Helping thousands of people make big life decisions (which include quitting their jobs, starting a blog, and moving abroad!)
- Finding coaching clients and connecting with people
- Attending FinCon in Orlando thanks to a scholarship from Rockstar Finance
- Getting featured on other blogs and podcasts! Yeeks, I did my first podcast on FinCon and it was a nightmare ;P
- Selling my first ebook ever!
My plans for 2019:
- Attend FinCon again. I told myself I will do it if I’m able to make over $1,000 a month from this blog!
- I want to make a full-time income from my blog! I know it’s possible.
- Rebrand. I want to “niche down” and focus more on creating content about moving abroad, living abroad, and chasing your dream life (abroad)!
- Continue to work on more products to sell
- Continue offering coaching
This was a short and sweet post just to highlight some of my blog accomplishments for the year. I know for some bigger bloggers, this means NOTHING. But to me, it’s quite a big deal! And I’m proud of what I’ve achieved so far!
I can’t wait to make 2019 even better than 2018! Hope you continue to follow my journey!
Want to start a blog?
Recommendations for you
- Free Guide to Starting Your Own Blog! - This is a free guide I wrote to help you start your own blog!
- Free Resource Library! - I started this library for subscribers and I will be adding more to it every month. Free downloads for blogging, budgeting, moving abroad, etc.!
- Ebates - Get cash back for shopping online! Get $10 back when you spend your first $25!
- Airbnb - I love Airbnb and it's how I afford to travel so much without breaking the bank! Sign up for $40 off your first trip!